Yeah anyway was paired up with a lady from HSBC. It was her first time doing this survey. This post shall be very pictorial and brief.
We spotted a horseshoe crab.
A snail shell...
which turned out to be a hermit crab living in it.
and so we captured it, because the hermit crabs at Semakau were not identified to the species level yet.
An unidentified crab juvenile, we didn't capture it anyway cos it was juvenile and it would probably be hard to ID?
Probably a Sea hare.
Snail... I cant rmbr which ID we put it as alrdy. T_T My snail ID is seriously just horrible.
Another weird shell which we took back in bottles... Not sure if ID. Had thought initially it was cowrie but it isn't.
Anyway, the next Semakau trip was 14th Aug. That one was something new I tried: the LIT (line intercept transect). It's pretty cool. Like you lay the transect tape thirty metres from the start point to the end point, and so if any algae/coral/seagrass 'comes in the way', you record it down. Motile animals too, in 1 metre of the line. It was also one of my partner's first time doing it as well... so we both just tried our best. Haha.
Mainly we found for algae: sargassum, Hypnae, mermaid's fan (Padina), TuRb (can only remember code name lol) and some others I cant remember and for the corals it was really hard to identify. Need to brush up on identification for corals, definitely. Seagrass was mainly Halophila ovalis, Enhalus acoroides.