#49, The Canal

Down to the canal again with D., after a long long while.

The canal has many interesting birds! Both water birds and other birds! We saw the Little Heron, Cattle Egret, Intermediate Egret, Pond Heron, Purple Heron and the male Yellow-rumped Flycatcher (photo http://orientalbirdimages.org/search.php?action=searchresult&Bird_ID=2690&Bird_Image_ID=31712&Bird_Family_ID=&p=7) though I didn't manage to get the photo of it. It was a pretty bird. Saw a couple of other birds but they were too far to ID, so yeah I guess I need to wait for a bino?

Saw the Green Crab Spider Dieta virens, lynx spiders, grasshoppers and their juveniles, and various other species of ants (and maybe termites too!)


The spider web. I can't remember of which spider. There quite a few of them around. The morning dew hadn't dried up yet as well, and hence the pretty droplets, and the large one at the side :)


I think this is... Dragon scales. I think!

Hehe a common plant that I do not know the name of.



Who are they?

None other than the Day-flying moths, who are mating.

Creepie Creepers, as I called them.

Worn-out-looking butterfly.

Creeping daisy.

Ants that seemed to be building stuffies. Could they be weaving ants too? It is thought that three genera of ants weave nests: Oecophylla, Polyrhachis and Dendromyrmex, though the latter two weave simpler nests.
(Read up more!)


Nice dragonfly but don't know it's ID.

The friend!
Goodbye for now, doubt I'll be posting much alr (exams next week)

References

No comments: